Thank you parents or guardians for registering your child or children to play in our upcoming 2018 Spring Development League.
Our regional board volunteers and division coordinators are currently working on all details in order for the season to get started. Teams are being formed and parents that informed us to have an interest in coaching a team are being contacted.
This season we received a much higher number of registrations from what we had originally anticipated with an increase of over 40%. This means that our volunteer staff will have to work a bit harder in getting the season setup.
We’re looking for volunteer coaches. The league will be limited in size by the amount of volunteers willing to assist. Volunteer coaches are pivotal in order for the season and our region to succeed. If we don’t have enough coaches, we will have no choice but to scale down, dismantle teams and issue refunds. Remember that we are a 100% volunteer-based organization.
If you’re interested in becoming a head coach for your child’s team, please let us know and we’ll help you get started. Coaching children is a very rewarding experience and coaching your own child’s team can be one of the most rewarding experiences of all. Don’t worry if you don’t have experience, as we’ll teach you based on the age level you are coaching. Unique age-appropriate coach training is one of AYSO’s specialties. If you plan to be at your child’s soccer practices and games, you’ll also have time to be your child’s coach.
Our calendar leading up to opening day on March 10, 2018 is as follows:
- February 8 to March 1, 2018 – Team formation, volunteer recruitment & players placement.
- Friday February 23, 2018 – Coaches Meeting. The meeting is for coaches and anyone interested in learning more about AYSO coaching. Time and location will be provided soon.
- Saturday February 24, 2018 – Regional referee clinic. 8AM to 3PM at Fellowship in the Pass church. Information on how to enroll is available here.
- March 1, 2018 – Teams are allowed to begin practices. Teams without coaches will be informed and practices will begin once one has been assigned and based on his or her availability.
- March 9, 2018 – Coach “Call-By” Date – The Coach Call-By Date is the deadline for coaches to contact players on his/her team. More information available here.
We ask you that you allow until the coach “call-by” date to be contacted by the head coach before contacting us with league-related questions, as our volunteers are currently working diligently in getting the season started.
March 9, 2018 – Team Managers Meeting. The meeting is also open to all parents or guardians of registered players interested in learning more about managing a team and general league information. Time and location will be provided soon.
March 10, 2018 – Opening Day YAY!
Visit our Spring Development League information page located here for additional league information and for a calendar of events.
Thank you for registering to play this spring with us.
Pass Area AYSO Region 641