Pass Area AYSO Region 641 is proud of its 6th Coed Development League season that is played during the Spring and it includes the best-loved aspects of the program. The Coed Development League is open to players between the ages of 5 to 12 or born between August 1, 2004 to July, 31 2011, or in the U5 to U13 divisions that choose to continue to develop their Soccer skills during the Spring.
|Registration Period||November to February 5, 2017|
|Play Period||Late February or early March to May|
|Ages||5 to 12|
|Age Groups||U5 to U13 No U14 for 2017 Coed View Our Age Group Calculator|
|Games Played||10 Games|
|Coed||Mixed teams Boys and Girls|
|Registration Fee||Early Bird $80. Regular Fee $100|
|Registration Includes||Full uniform, medal, pictures and accident insurance|
Below you will find an outline of when do “things happen” and what you need to know for the upcoming Coed League.
Pass Area AYSO Region 641 Coed Spring League will begin on March 11, 2017. This league is a separate program from both Fall Season and Spring Select. Visit the Coed Program page for more information.
Coed Spring League is open to new and returning players aged 5 to 13 or players that played in U6 to first year of U14, born between August 1, 2004 to July, 31 2011 during the Fall 2015 Season. View our age group calculator.
Coed is a league in which boys and girls play alongside and against one another; however, many other aspects of the program follow the same format as the Fall Season.
Coed League is all about fun, staying fit and developing the skills and knowledge of the participants; coaches and players alike. The league will not maintain records and the emphasis will be on growing a love of the sport and building technique and fitness.
When do “things” happen?
- Registration for the Spring Coed League is currently OPEN (view registration information.)
- Team Formation – Early February (after registration ends)
- Coaching Candidates contacted – Ongoing through early February
- Tentative Coach/Volunteer informational meeting on: Thursday February 16 from 7pm to 8:30pm. Location to be announced at a later date.
- Schedule released – End of February
- Teams eligible to start practice – February 25, 2017
- Coach “Call-By” date – February 26, 2017
- Games are played on Saturdays at Beaumont Sports Park
- First Game – March 11, 2017
- Last Game – May 20, 2017
We recommend that you visit our Events section often as event dates and information is updated constantly and as it becomes available.
What should I be doing now?
The answer to this question varies based upon your Coed League role.
Players should be thinking about what they want to accomplish during the Coed League Season (score a goal, make friends, get better at dribbling, etc.). It also doesn’t hurt for all players to get used to the feel of the ball at their feet. 15-30 minutes a day of dribbling, shooting, passing and turning will do wonders for control and confidence.
Parents should be thinking about how they can best assist their player in having a successful season. This can include encouraging the player to work with a ball, reading up on the game, attending volunteer trainings and, of course, staying up-to-date by checking this website, Facebook and other sources for information and upcoming events pertaining to the league.
Coaches, Team Managers and Referees:
Volunteers should notify the region of the desire to volunteer through the volunteer interest page located here. Volunteers should stay up-to-date on information by monitoring the region website, Facebook page and other sources of information. Note: Sending notification of desire to volunteer in any capacity does not guarantee placement.
What should my player have for the first practice?
Players should come to all practices with water, shinguards (against the skin and under socks) an age-appropriate ball (identified below) and a positive, open attitude. Cleats are not mandatory but are highly recommended (if purchasing cleats make sure to buy SOCCER cleats).
What size ball should my player have?
- Under 5 (Jamboree): Size Three (3)
- Under 6: Size Three (3)
- Under 8: Size Three (3)
- Under 10: Size Four (4)
- Under 13: Size Four (4)
If you are unsure which division your child will fall in to you may opt to delay the purchase of a ball until after your coach notifies you.
When are practices?
Practices are generally after 5pm and are scheduled on days set by the volunteer coach.
Can I request certain practice days/times?
The best way to ensure you get the practice days and times you want is to volunteer to coach. If that is not possible you may place a request on your form, however; this does not guarantee your request. Also, many coaches do not pick their practice days and times until they have a roster in their hand; this makes it virtually impossible for the region to place kids by this very specific criteria.
In general the region does not honor requests to move children from one team to another team once placed in order to accommodate other activities or work schedules. Verbal requests made after a player has been placed on a team will never be considered.
Can I request my child play with certain players?
No. Only valid Sibling requests shall be considered.
A SIBLING is defined as follows: “Each of two or more children or offspring having one or both parents in common; a brother or sister.” Additionally, SIBLINGS shall reside in the same household.
Pass Area AYSO – Region 641 allows for refunds under special circumstances. All special circumstance refund requests must be submitted in writing by mailing in this form (PDF) and must include the reasons and/or circumstances involved. All refund requests will be read and considered by the Regional Board and refunds will only be granted at the discretion of the Regional Board.
- Any player who withdraws prior to participating in the ﬁrst game or practice of the season may be considered for a full refund of their registration fee.
- Any player who withdraws after participating in the ﬁrst practice, but prior to the ﬁrst game of the season, may be considered for a refund of the registration fee, minus any nonrefundable AYSO National Registration Fees for insurance already paid by Pass Area AYSO – Region 641.
- Any player who withdraws after participating in the ﬁrst game of the season or beyond will not be entitled to a refund of the registration fee.
- A fee of $25 dollars will be assessed for a uniform that is not returned in clean and unused condition.
- The parent/guardian requesting the refund must ﬁll out the “Parent/Guardian” section, sign and mail this form (PDF) to the address stated in the refund request form.
- This request must be submitted by November 1 for the Fall Season or May 1 for the Coed Development Spring League season in which the refund is being requested. Refunds will not be carried over from season to season and will not be applied toward the registration fees of a following season.
- Please allow 3 to 4 weeks for a refund (if approved) to be processed.